The Path to Next-Generation Identity Governance
As the United States Public Sector (Federal, State & Local, Higher Education) continues to migrate mission-critical workloads, unstructured data, and applications to cloud services, the need for an identity-centric governance solution that is cloud-focused increases.
Successful digitalization and modernization initiatives require organizations research and validate approaches that can both serve the US Public Sector Initiatives while also ensuring business runs as usual. Today, many organizations are embracing hybrid IT environments because they are flexible enough to serve dynamic use-cases while providing a simple, contextual view of how users interact with systems and tools to ensure appropriate identity governance practices without inhibiting business processes.
When evaluating your organization’s security requirements, Saviynt believes the following capabilities are worth considering as you define the right mix of security, audit, and compliance controls for today’s hybrid IT environment. Look for identity and governance and administration capabilities that can:
- Enforce and manage consistent security policies and compliance controls across all environments – the “hybrid IT reality.”
- Ensure sensitive unstructured data can be viewed via a single-pane-of-glass for greater visibility across your hybrid environment.
- Enable privileged users the capability to manage their workflow conveniently across all platforms while also enforcing the highly critical controls required for this use case. This avoids the proverbial “workaround” which leaves many organizations vulnerable.
- Consider solution providers with capabilities that have your future in mind such as scalability capabilities at least 10x more.
- Ask if your solution provider can support multiple use cases such as employees, customers, contractors and devices that interact with internal systems and external users.
- Empower end users with easy to use, intuitive tools, so it’s easy for them to self-identify the resources they need to do their jobs. Key here is to avoid self-enrollment programs that drive users to “select all access” when using self-enrollment.
The above is a good high-level start. Our technical experts at Saviynt can go into more fine-grained detail too. We’re known for this. Read how Saviynt provides Identity, Security, and Compliance Management for the United States Public Sector. In fact, if you’re going to the AWS Public Sector event this week in Washington DC, June 20-21, stop by our booth and catch a demo.