CUSTOMER SUCCESS STORIES
Modernizing Legacy IGA for Wienerberger
Saviynt delivered a comprehensive identity access and management solution for Wienerberger’s 17,000 employees, replacing overlapping systems with a single integrated approach.
“We had a seamless Saviynt integration of our key applications such as SAP and were able to go live fast after the PoC. It’s the first time we have an integrated view available starting with IAM into SoD and privileged authorisations but also further into process and mitigating controls.”
– Andree Niebuhr, Head of IAM and SAP Compliance, Wienerberger AG
How Saviynt helped Wienerberger centralize identity control
A leader in infrastructure ingenuity, Wienerberger had outgrown its legacy identity management processes, and granting proper access rights to joiners, movers, and leavers efficiently was becoming a serious challenge. With Saviynt, Wienerberger was able to simplify and automate permissions, provide deep realtime visibility into critical access and segregation of duties (SoD), and build a solid foundation for seamlessly incorporating additional applications going forward.
The Wienerberger Group is a prestigious, leading international provider of smart solutions for the entire building envelope and for infrastructure headquartered in Vienna, Austria.
Wienerberger is the world’s largest producer of bricks and the market leader in clay roof tiles in Europe, as well as concrete pavers in Central Eastern Europe. In pipe systems the company is one of the leading suppliers in Europe.
With its total of 201 production sites and more than 17,000 employees across 30 countries, Wienerberger offers customized solutions and services to architects, designers, builders and craftsmen, using digital tools and smart applications to provide the best possible customer experience. Wienerberger’s innovation efforts and transformation initiatives were limited by its outdated IGA systems, which were leading to increasingly inefficient access management.
Redundant procedures and manual processes like ad hoc visibility for SoD conflicts introduced extra costs and compounded risks. It was becoming clear that the restricted system interoperability of their fragmented IGA system was becoming a limit on Wienerberger’s ability to implement business transformation initiatives.
Saviynt’s Identity Governance and Administration (IGA) platform provided the strong foundation Wienerberger needed to accelerate their digital transformation. Key aspects included:
- Automation of access management processes while protecting user identities
- Centralized control and monitoring of SoD conflicts, data use and an integrated audit cockpit for process and mitigating controls
- Addition of self-administered permissions across identities
- Real-time 360° overview of authorized permissions and conflicts
- Frictionless authorized access to business-critical solutions and applications, including SAP
Results: Wienerberger continues to lead the sector in digital transformation.
- Centralized control over joiner, mover, and lever processes adds efficiency and reduces IT/HR hours
- Unprecedented access visibility keeps enterprise assets secure and ensures continuous compliance while eliminating redundant security procedures
- Unified identity access management enables secure digital transformation initiatives like IoT development
- Improved efficiency helps Wienerberger’s bottom line and enhances employee and customer relationships
Schedule a Demo
Ready to see our solution in action? Sign up for your demo today.