Concluding Thoughts on an Amazing Week of Events
We just woke up after one of those weeks where there is so much going on that you hardly have time to sleep… and when you finally wake up once you’re home, you wonder how much of it actually was reality. The energy and excitement of last week was phenomenal, and it’s our customers and partners who get a large portion of the credit for that.
Converge: The Next-Gen Identity Conference
The week kicked off with our very first industry event – Saviynt Converge. The event was co-sponsored by some amazing partners: EY, IDMWORKS, Optiv, Oxford Computer Group, Ping Identity, PwC and Simeio. The event included a keynote followed by 3 panel discussions completed with customers, partners and Saviynt executives, as well as plenty of networking at the gorgeous Mandarin Oriental Hotel. The panels discussed a host of interesting topics including The Future Of Identity Governance, Acquiring ‘right’ Customers Faster With Frictionless CIAM, and Strategies for Securing Privileged Users in the Cloud. The keynote was presented by CEO Sachin Nayyar along with 2 special customer guests, discussing the topic of Breaking Boundaries, as it applies to Identity Governance.
To view some the keynote and some of the panels, visit our YouTube Converge Playlist.
Gartner IAM Summit
I’m not sure if my highlight of the Gartner IAM Summit this year was our mind blowing booth traffic, or the session on the Journey of Adopting IGA-as-a-Service that our CEO moderated alongside a few of our customers. In the session, our customers laid out their move to the cloud, from the strategy to the implementation, and how it ultimately is a ‘change management’ journey. A few highlighted topics from the session:
- Our customers pointed to how they use Saviynt to automate security and compliance requirements, improve the maturity of the Identity Governance processes and leverage risk-based approach to govern identities
- They highlighted the importance of analytics in access certification, ending rubber stamping and years of dumping spreadsheet data into a portal and sending to managers and directors, a process that no one liked.
- They also discussed how they used, or plan to use Saviynt to automate many IGA processes, including Oracle Cloud ERP for financial apps, as well as Workday and ServiceNow.
- One customer highlighted the speed of deployment for their ServiceNow deployment using Saviynt, clocking in at 6 weeks.
The activity around Saviynt’s Premier Sponsorship Expo Booth was fantastic. We had person after person wanting to hear our story. Many had been told about us from a colleague, or upon hearing about us in one of the daily conference sessions. We had so many requests for demos that we had people waiting in line for time with our Sales Engineers.
At the booth we showed off a number of key advancements in the field of Identity Governance & Administration, that has the industry lining up for our approach to Risk Based Access Governance. With our next-generation IGA solution, you are now able to:
- Inject Analytics and Intelligence into IGA processes
- Expand your Identity perimeter to include CASB functionality
- Incorporate Application GRC for preventative SOD Administration
- Govern Cloud Infrastructure providing Security for DevOps processes
And finally, our lucky booth giveaway of a Nest Camera went to Jeff Heckel from Highmark!
AWS re:Invent 2017
AWS re:Invent continued to remain a fantastic event for Saviynt, showcasing why we are a proud AWS ‘Security Competency’ level Partner. Saviynt’s booth at the expo was filled with great conversations and demos to AWS enthusiasts, customers and partners.
Excitement around these conversations centered around having a single product that can secure their Cloud Infrastructure and meet their identity governance needs with the following features:
Visibility, Continuous Controls Monitoring and meeting Compliance Objectives
Identity Management and Governance
Privileged Access Management
Prospects and Customers were impressed by how Saviynt’s controls are actionable in nature, empowering them to not only view risks but also to mitigate them from a single pane of glass.
And finally, the announcement of AWS CloudTrail’s partnership with Saviynt for Privileged Access Management was a highlight. This partnership will allow organizations to effectively manage, monitor the privileged activities performed by their end users or non human identities across the following –
- Browser based management console
- Command Line
- AWS API calls
- Instance level
- Serverless (Lambda functions)
The partnership and the functionality has been much appreciated in AWS product management teams and we are excited about it too!!
Hyde Bellagio VIP Party
Finally, our annual VIP Cocktail party at the Bellagio Hyde was amazing, with nearly 400 of our best friends showing up for a drink in front of the legendary Bellagio Water Fountains. Co-sponsored by Axiomatics and Radiant Logic, I’ll leave you with a few images of the evening, as the details of the party, well, stay in Vegas 😉