CUSTOMER SUCCESS STORIES
ENABLING DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION FOR FIRST SOLAR
Saviynt created a holistic identity lifecycle management program to accelerate First Solar’s digital transformation
First Solar's Challenge
As a global leader in sustainable energy and solar panel production, First Solar manages 7,500 employee identities and upwards of 11,000 total identities across 70 global locations.
As part of First Solar’s mission to focus on future renewable energy, they manufacture solar panels, build utility scale plants, and manage solar plants on behalf of utilities.
First Solar was struggling with multiple challenges concerning the governing of identities and access across their hybrid IT landscape. Compromised visibility across the ecosystem made it hard to efficiently govern access to critical applications, and time-consuming manual processes and a sometimes cumbersome user experience acted as barriers to their cloud strategy. They needed an updated platform solution including universal rules for defining roles and identities, and tools for governing and documenting user behavior across multiple legacy and cloud products.
Saviynt’s Identity Governance and Administration (IGA) and Application Risk and Governance (ARG) solutions, in conjunction with industry partnerships, enabled holistic identity lifecycle management and centralized control and governance for First Solar. Details:
- Faster deployment – replaced SAP provisioning in 5 months
- A consolidated system of record and governance for all identity types, including mobile and remote employees
- Peer- and usage-based analytics for continuous monitoring
- A single dashboard for managing identity, targeting 25 apps in 18 months
- Frictionless user experience (birthright provisioning time reduced by 67%
- Role-mining to reduce redundancy
Results: Saviynt’s rapid application onboarding capability gave First Solar fast key performance indicators over their accelerated strategy.
Provided an improved process for application administration and onboarding in just over 5 months
Simplified controls for multiple applications via a core control framework
Simplified onboarding experience for all employees and shortened time to value
Provided access and governance model for 25 critical applications to be completed in 18 months (in progress)
- Improved birthright provisioning by 67%, reducing the former timeframe of six (6) days to under 48 hours
- Modernized technology solutions to work seamlessly between security, audit, and compliance programs, reducing cost and sprawl of toolsets
How can Saviynt’s IGA help your enterprise? Request a free demo today!